John Deere is back doing what the brand has done absolutely well over the course of its rich history: which is to innovate and design new technology for the earthmoving industry. This time, the the company is introducing a new breed of hydraulic hammer attachments (HH20C, HH40C, HH60C and HH80C) that are designed to produce two or three times more blows per minute than its predecessors. The introduction of the new line of attachments is expected to boost the productivity of compact track loaders, skid steers, and compact excavators.
“The Hydraulic Hammers are an exceptional addition to our line of Worksite Pro attachments that increase the versatility of any compact machine. We developed this line of hammers to be a faster and easier-to-maintain solution, so operators can focus on getting the most productivity from their equipment as possible,” explains Gregg Zupancic, product marketing manager at John Deere Construction & Forestry.
The four models of the new hydraulic hammer line will feature a simplified hydraulic-breaker solution to boost the efficiency and productivity. John Deere also says its new line of hammers is the fastest in its class, in addition to being substantially effective than previous models and competing brands. In addition, the attachment features 30 percent fewer parts and rebuild times are reduced to one hour versus eight hours. There’s also an exclusive tool-retention system enables quick installation and removal using only one small screwdriver.
Furthermore John Deere included what they call as five bit options for their new attachments:
- Standard moil point suitable for breaking concrete or medium-hard, non-stratified rock
- Optional chisel point for concrete flatwork, walls around rebar or breaking into a precut line
- Optional spade for most concrete, asphalt cutting and all earthworks in soft, non-stratified rock
- Optional compacting plate for single-machine prep of dirt for concrete pads and fencing
- Optional pyramid point used to break hard, reinforced concrete as well as sediment (only available on the HH20C and HH40C)
These hydraulic hammers will be the newest addition in the brand’s “Worksite Pro” attachment line and should be available through your local dealers within the next few months.