It was just in mid-April when Liebherr introduces their R 9200, but impressively, the new mining excavator has already been getting the spotlight because of its payload capacity and other state-of-the-art features.
Specifically, this 200-tonne equipment incorporates a huge 12.5 m³/ 16.3 yd³ bucket, which is completely considered the biggest in its class. It also brings an unmatched reliability and serviceability, and a superior fuel economy even in the roughest and the most demanding applications.
According to the family-owned manufacturing company, these features of the R 9200 caught the attention of many consumers. In fact, even if they’ve only unveiled the model at the Bauma event last month, they have already sold ten units to clients from Indonesia. As stated by Dr. Jörg Lukowski, the Managing Director of Sales at Liebherr-Mining Equipment Colmar SAS: “The initial field test and the customer feedback from machines in operation thus far confirmed excellent productivity with lower fuel consumption. And if you have a walk around on the machine you will note how proper and tidy the machine is designed. These elements paired together have created a high interest in the new R 9200 machine, of both, existing and new customers.”
In addition to its payload capacity and reliability, the R 9200 excavator is also armed with these:
- A strong yet efficient Cummins QSK38 diesel engine that delivers 1,086 horsepower and complies with the Tier 2/Tier 4i emissions;
- User-friendly controls that come with the innovative electronic piloting system;
- A comfortable and safe operator cab that features a panoramic view and camera systems, and ergonomically positioned pedals and joysticks;
- A shovel capacity of 12.5 m³/ 16.3 yd³, and a backhoe digging power of 650 kN;
- A top-notch bucket look to maximize the bucket fill factor;
- Independent oil and water cooling systems; and
- A Litronic Plus system and a closed loop swing circuit.
The Liebherr R 9200 excavator is available in both face shovel and backhoe configurations, and is specifically engineered to complement the manufacturer’s mining equipment lineup.